Sunday, June 18, 2006

Northstate Science DonorsChoose Challenge

Ok, at Afarensis' gentle prodding, I've joined the DonorsChoose Challenge to help raise money to fund school public projects and classrooms around the nation. Here's what DonorsChoose has to say about their mission:

DonorsChoose is a simple way to provide students in need with resources that our public schools often lack. At this not-for-profit web site, teachers submit project proposals for materials or experiences their students need to learn. These ideas become classroom reality when concerned individuals, whom we call Citizen Philanthropists, choose projects to fund.

I think this is a great idea and I would encourage readers to explore the site and discover the many projects in need of funding because our public schools lack resources and money. Of course, I've joined with other science blogs and created a challenge to fund science projects, but there are many others.

So here's the link to my challenge:



I've started small (seeking only $500) but let's see what happens. I've already donated money via some other scienceblog challenges and hopefully can raise some here. (Perhaps my CEO buddy can spread the word around and get the hospital administration to donate!). I'd like to make a special pitch for the "Trail Through Time - California Geology" project. The school is on Mare Island in Vallejo - an area I frequent as our Regional Office is on Mare and I've been by the school a number of times.

2 comments:

afarensis, FCD said...

Cool! The more the merrier! I'm hoping that one gets completely funded too!

Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.