Thursday, April 19, 2007

Does Lassen County Still Think Doolittle Was A Better Choice Than Brown?

Well, in case the rest of my Lassen County brethren have not heard the news, let me just point out...

The Virginia home of our intellectually vacuous congressman, John Doolittle and his wife was raided by the FBI earlier this week, apparently as a result of the investigation of the Doolittle's relationship with Jack Abramoff;

Then, less than a week later....

Doolittle resigns his post on the Appropriations Committee:

Less than a week after the FBI raided the Northern Virginia home of his wife, Rep. John T. Doolittle (R-Calif.) gave up his coveted seat on the House Appropriations Committee yesterday amid concerns that he had used that post to advance the interests of convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff and other allies.

I am interested in two questions:

1) How do those who voted for Doolittle justify their view that this country needs leaders of higher moral integrity, presumably a role filled only by those with a Christian perspective?;

and...

2) Are these stories going to make it into the Lassen County Times?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A writer at the Times had a piece all ready to go but it was trashed by the publisher. Only the editors know why and they aren't talking about the decision the man higher up made. I work at the Times and when I asked if we would run the story, I was told not now. I am usually told it is not a local story or has a local angle. Beats me!

Christopher O'Brien said...

Interesting...Thanks for the information. And I appreciate you commenting, even anonymously, given your association with the paper...Thanks again

Anonymous said...

I notified the managing editor this morning (04-20-07)as an addition in a email on another subject that it was only a matter of time before Doolittle went to prison, but there wasn't a reply. Odd, because I remember a photo of her looking at Doolittle like he was talking trash- and when isn't he? His only response to Brown's charges of corruption was that Brown belonged to the ACLU.????

Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.