Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A New Scheme To Reduce Gas Prices...And Email Chains

I received an email message from my brother-in-law today regarding a NEW strategy to get the big oil companies to lower gas prices. The new scheme correctly points out that the previous strategy (don't buy gas on May 15, or whatever day the organizers pick) is nothing more than a big joke for the oil companies...they know what we don't buy on May 15, we'll buy on May 16. This new plan has, I think, a little bit of merit to it (at least I hadn't heard of it before!)...

Don't buy from Shell or Exxon...

The idea is to force one or two companies to begin to lower their prices by essentially boycotting their product in favor of another...theoretically, I think it could work; of course I'm not sure how many of the smaller distributors are actually part of the Shell/Exxon network (are either getting some of the profit from "Joe's Gas" down the street?). Still, it's easy enough to do...

My brother-in-law sent this via a chain email in an effort to spread the word. However, I take perverse pleasure in destroying email chains - something about "if you don't send this on, God doesn't love you" or "you'll be rich in 30 days if you send this to 300 people" messages just infuriate the hell out of me - so I kill them...immediately....and then have a cold beer or a nice glass of wine, sit back in my chair and say "Ahhhhhh"....

However, this idea made a modicum of sense, so I thought I'd kill the email chain and then post the idea on the blog...

10 comments:

Buy penis enlargement pills said...

I really don't think these kind of ideas will work in Gas and relevant fields.

VigRX effective penis enlargement supplement said...

i think it will work...just needs more realistic steps ...

African Mango weight loss supplement said...

It was really great to go throughout the blog. You have worked very hard on it. Keep it up.

HghEnergizer anti aging treatment review said...

These kind of ideas will work in Gas and relevant fields.

Natural penis augmentation pills said...

The idea is to force one or two companies to begin to lower their prices by essentially boycotting their product in favor of another.

Natural no side-effects phentermine said...

A really big disaster for these guys and everything will collapse.

African Mango weight loss supplement said...

gas prices is decreasing !! Oh...that good news .

Top Rated Vacuum Cleaners said...

Your article here could change people lifes man. Thank you very much for sharing this information with us and God bless you sir!

How to increase penis size said...

This is seriously funny as well.This museum is so called very unique.Thanks for sharing it.

Top models clothing 2012 said...

Yesterday i bought myself a car and its a blessing that i ran into your article today about reducing gas prices.