Friday, January 05, 2007

Bill O'Reilly Considered A Republican "Suck-Up"

I'm trying make a concerted effort to avoid discussing national politics in general, but this was just too good to pass up. Media Matters For America is reporting that MSNBC's Joe Scarborough finally got fed-up with "I can dish it out but I can't take it" O'Reilly and his recent smear merchant tactics regarding NBC and MSNBC:

On the January 4 edition of MSNBC's Scarborough Country, host Joe Scarborough responded to Fox News host Bill O'Reilly's attacks on NBC and MSNBC by asserting that O'Reilly was "way off base on MSNBC, on NBC, and certainly on me. And I challenge you to debate me anytime, anyplace, anywhere."

Yeah, like that's going to happen. Referring to his critical assessments of Bush & Co., Scarborough continued:

"That doesn't make me liberal, that makes me conservative. That may make you, though, a suck-up, if you defend the Republicans that have done that to this country and to our party over the past six years."

So why is O'Reilly so upset with MSNBC? Probably because Keith Olbermann is eating into his ratings big time.

No comments: