Monday, March 19, 2007

Down For The Count

Well, after years of successfully putting my own computers together with few issues, I finally experienced the ultimate computer geek horror and fried my hard-drive on Saturday morning! I would like to say all is well, but I am not yet fully back online (the desktop unit, anyway). I had planned on a number of posts over the weekend, but spent it trying to get up and running again. Fortunately, most of my data files are actually on a separate, external drive, so not much was lost (I did, however, loose my "potential blog posts" file, so I have to resurrect some ideas I had). I am also behind in some emails (Kambiz, I wasn't ignoring you...my HD crashed shortly after reading your last email! Short answer: I'm not going to SAA this year...).

For once, my blogging absence has been due to technical errors and not out-of-town meetings...

I think I have finally found the solution to both, however, and expect to be blogging this week. I am currently in San Jose for the Society for California Archaeology meetings and hope to post a bit about them over the week (the first few days are actually federal heritage program managers meetings for the Forest Service and BLM - SCA starts on Thursday).

More to come...

2 comments:

Kambiz said...

Ahh, that sucks about your hard drive and the SAAs... but on the lighterside of this issue, you can officially consider yourself an ultimate computer nerd now that you have fried a hard drive. If anyone questions it, you can referred them to be and I'll beat pwn them.

afarensis, FCD said...

Been there, done that! Sorry to hear you lost your blog ideas file.