Tuesday, March 27, 2007

LCT Review Coming Up...

While at the SCA meetings, I found I missed a couple of interesting commentaries in last week's Lassen County Times - several people asked if I was going to comment on them. I certainly will. The first is Barbara France's editorial on protecting the environment in which she references a blogger who doesn't think Christians make very good conservationists. Yes, that would be me. But the editorial glosses over some important points that I was trying to make. The second is an editorial by Lake Almanor Community Church pastor Todd Dubord on the recent documentary on the "Lost Tomb of Jesus". I've stayed away from the controversy largely because a number of other bloggers have covered it very well; however, since Pastor Dubord brought the issue up locally (and got a lot of facts wrong in the process!), I'll have to wade into the controversy and correct the legion of errors once again promulgated by our scientifically naive pastoral leaders and regurgitated by the local paper.

I'm working on the responses, so more to come....

No comments: